Fairfax Circle Church is currently seeking a part time Administration and Communications Coordinator. If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to the attention of Pastor David Magnet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairfax Circle Church
Administration and Communications Coordinator Job Description
Date revised: March, 2020
Administration and Communications Coordinator
Reporting relationship: The Administration and Communications Coordinator reports to the Senior Pastor.
Position Summary: Responsible for the general oversight of the administrative needs of the church and the development and oversight of all aspects of communications.
Hours: This is a part-time position with an expectation of 20-25 hours per week.
- Serves as the administrator of the church data base, including updating it weekly, assigning and advising database users, and evaluating the feasibility of the data base to meet FCC needs, and recommends changes to the database to improve its functionality.
- Set up online registration for small groups and Children and Youth Ministry events.
- Maintains email listing in constant contact.
- Provides staff and leadership with monthly reports in order to keep database current. Create/facilitate groups and activities so that attendance can be kept (small groups, sports camp, children’s check-in).
- Creates Youth and Children's Ministry attendance reports.
- Handles miscellaneous office duties as needed, including ordering supplies, checking the status of contracts with FCC, coordinates office equipment purchase and repairs, organizing and maintaining files, and other similar duties.
- Checks voicemail and follows up on calls. Assists individuals and groups inside and outside the church with various needs, as requested.
- Oversees regular contracts and scheduling concerning fire inspections, boiler inspection, elevator inspection, kitchen system inspection, fire extinguisher inspection and sprinkler system inspection. Oversees contracts for landscaping and mosquito spraying.
- Creates and tracks budget for the Administrative Council and Alignment Team’s approval for 20 line items.
- Uploads bills and reimbursement requests to the virtual accountant for payment. Ensures correct accounts are billed.
- Tracks vendors’ certificates of liability insurance.
- Maintains annual PCI compliance.
- Maintains and updates electronic door lock code as necessary for usage for groups inside and outside the church.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Helps write, edit and produce the Church major communications each week, including but not limited to the Sunday bulletin, email newsletter, children’s ministry update, FCC website articles, slides, etc.
- Helps maintain the church calendar.
- Produces annual impact report.
- Oversees the church’s social media presence.
- Maintains and updates the website, including analytics.
- Maintains and updates church mobile app.
- Creates and oversees all church marketing/branding to ensure consistent message, voice and presentation.
- Tracks metrics for website, giving, attendance and engagement and Google Adwords.
- Manage volunteers in the following areas: Banners, Video Storytelling, photographer, social media team.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Excellent organizational, planning and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient command of English
- Able to work independently, a self-starter
- Enjoys learning and working with new technologies
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop) and social media management a plus
- Experience in web design, content production and graphic design is a plus