Hope begins with nutritious food. At least 6,200 children die each day from hunger-related causes (UNICEF). Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) is a Christian non-profit organization committed to feeding God’s starving children hungry in body and spirit.
The large mobile-pak meal-packing events like FOODFight 2018 are an incredibly exciting and effective. Volunteers hand-pack the meals. Meals are donated to FMSC food partners around the world, where kids are fed and lives are saved! Nutrition allows children to grow, thrive and develop to their full potential so that they can become productive members of their communities.
Please join us on May 6th, (8:45 am arrival) 9:30 – 11:00 am as we pack meals for hungry children at the Dulles Expo Center! We will NOT be having worship services that Sunday morning; instead we will gather at the Dulles Expo Center with other churches to pack meals for children around the world. Rather than “doing church” that morning we’re going to be the church as we serve together to have an impact in the lives of children in desperate need of help.
Dulles Expo Center
4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
Chantilly, VA 20151 (map)
If a picture is worth a thousand words then a video is worth a whole lot more. Here’s a link to a great video from our last FOODFight in 2016. It will give you a really good idea of what it looks like.
Here are some of the details that you need to know about FOODFight 2018:
- Arrive on Sunday, May 6th by 8:45am. Our shift starts at 9:00am with a 30-minute orientation and ends at 11:30am.
- Children 5 years old and older can participate with a parent or designated adult.
- For those who can’t make it on Sunday, we have reserved a second shift on Saturday, May 5, 3:45pm – 6:30pm.
- For those with difficulty standing there are jobs that allow you to sit the entire time.
- Jewelry Policy: Jewelry and other accessories present the potential for foreign objects to accidentally fall into our lifesaving meals. To avoid the possibility of losing loose objects in any of its meals, FMSC requires that all jewelry and other accessories be removed.
For more details, FAQ’s and impact videos, visit the 2018 FOODFight website.
I hope you and your family will join us as we worship together by serving together. We’ve reserved plenty of spaces so please invite your friends, neighbors and coworkers to join us as well.