About Hypothermia Response Ministry
Since 2003, Fairfax Circle Church has partnered with other churches, Fairfax Country and the local non-profit FACETS to host Hypothermia Response. During a week in March, we shelter, feed and fellowship with over 50 homeless guests at our church. This ministry began in order to stem the tide of hypothermia deaths by the homeless population of Fairfax County. Throughout the years, it has helped placed hundreds of homeless families in permanent housing and giving the “least of these” a second chance.
This year, our ministry takes place March 26 – 1 April, 2017.
- 60% of Fairfax County homeless have full-time jobs
- 30% are families mainly due to domestic violence
- 25% are military veterans
- The majority of the homeless suffer from mental illness and drug addiction
Click here to sign-up! This is an all-hands-on-deck ministry.
Or paste http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0b48abac3-hypothermia1 into your browser.
Ways to Help
Pray. Pray that God will move you to participate, volunteer, donate, and open your heart to those in need
Give. Donate money to the church, donate clothing items for the guests, donate supplies from the list below
Volunteer. Give your time through volunteer opportunities. Click here to sign-up or paste http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0b48abac3-hypothermia1 into your URL. You may also sign up in the lobby after church.
Help Lead. We are looking for more people to help lead the ministry. If you are interested please email us here: email@example.com
Donation List (click here for a printable list)
- Hot chocolate – single serving packages
- Chips – single serving bags
- Soft granola bars
- Trail mix
- Peanut butter crackers
- Cheese crackers
- Cookies – single serving packages
- Pudding cups – NOT sugar free
- Fruit cups
- Small bottles of Gold Bond powder
- Soft bristle toothbrushes
- White crew socks (unused)
- White t-shirts – variety of sizes
- Dress clothes for interviews (man and woman)
- underwear (unused)
Schedule of Events
- January 20, Sunday, 12:00 pm – Ministry Team Meeting
- January 29, Sunday, 9:15 am and 10:45 am – Ministry Kickoff: The ministry team will brief the congregation on what the ministry is, how you can help, and what we do to support Fairfax Country’s homeless.
- March 19, Sunday, 12:00 to 1:00pm – Ministry Training:Before our workday, come to our training and eat some pizza! Especially helpful for new people to the ministry.
- March 19, Sunday, 1:00pm to 4:00pm – All Church Workday: We will get the church geared up and ready to accept our guests later on in the week. Projects include: kitchen cleaning, fire marshal projects, registration set-up, and donation table set-up.
- February 5, February 12, February 19, February 26, March 5, March 12 and after each church service – New Volunteer Q&A: For all new and old volunteers, we will walk through each day’s events, activities, and expectations. Bring all of your unanswered questions!
- March 26, Sunday, 3 pm to April 1, Sunday, 7 am – Hypothermia Response Ministry Week
- The Lamb Center
- FACETS Hypothermia Response Program
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Partnerships on Ending Homelessness
- 100,000 Homes in Fairfax
- 100,000 Homes National Site
For Your Information
Download (PDF, Unknown)