Volunteering at Fairfax Circle
God has given everyone spiritual gifts, passions, natural abilities, a unique personality and special experiences. These gifts have been given for one purpose: to serve God by serving others. Serving others is an important part of spiritual growth. At Fairfax Circle Church one of our core values is that “everyone is important and has a role to play.” Therefore, we want to help everyone find a place to plug in and give back – to serve.
A quick personality test
We want to help you find a place where you can use your gifts and invest in others. Here is a personality test that will take just a few minutes of your time and can help you to decide where you might like to volunteer. You can even share your results with us by forwarding them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep it confidential and use it to help you find your place.
Below is a list of some of the ongoing opportunities for service we have. If you would like to find out more about any of these areas or would like to volunteer, you may use this form.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
We meet regularly either in person or via phone to pray for our church, our people, our mission and the world. This is a ministry you can do at any time and from anywhere. Please join us!
- Children’s check-in: this is a great entry level position. If you like kids, greeting and checking in our children in order to provide them with a secure environment is for you.
- Kids ministry volunteers: In Kids Ministry, we create opportunities for children to discover and experience for themselves who God is, how He sees them and how much He loves them. We want to show them God’s big story and help them discover the active part they can play in this life-long adventure of becoming more like Him. We do this through a large group Bible story presentation, activities, games, and small group time with adult leaders. If you are interested in working with our kids, we’d love to meet with you. All volunteers working with minors are required to submit to a background check.
- Student ministry volunteers: Students in grades 7 through 12 meet on campus Sunday evenings from 5-7pm. A typical Sunday evening involves a large group lesson, social and fellowship time and small groups with adult leaders. We also have various trips, retreats, and activities throughout the years. There are lots of volunteer opportunities to serve in student ministry including chaperoning trips and events, serving on logistical teams to organize trips and events, administrative roles and volunteering to drive to activities. If you are interested in working with our students, we’d love to meet with you. All volunteers working with minors are required to submit to a background check.
- Snacks for student ministry: maybe you’re good at and like to feed teenagers? If so, this is your opportunity!
This ministry offers volunteers an opportunity to help college/university students stay connected to the Fairfax Circle Church family by providing encouragement, prayer, and updates on current church activities. Volunteers send encouraging cards/notes to remind students that their church family cares about them and supports them in their academic and spiritual growth. Cards are generally sent twice a month. Birthdays are acknowledged with a small gift. And care packages are sent twice a year at finals time.
This team keeps our building and property in good working condition by making minor repairs, organizing church workdays and working with contractors. Here are some specific areas that are always needed:
- Interior decorator
- Hospitality team: Sets up coffee and snacks for Sunday morning worship services. Volunteers serve on a rotating schedule.
- Greeters: Welcome attendees and guests as they arrive for worship and assist first time guests. Volunteers serve on a rotating schedule.
- Parking lot helpers: Directs cars to convenient and safe parking spaces and assists those that need help, especially during bad weather. Umbrellas provided!
If you are tech-savvy and love social media, this area is for you! We are looking for creative people to help with:
- Social media
- Vocals: Leads worship through vocals in our Sunday morning worship services. Serve weekly on Wednesday evenings for rehearsals and both Sunday morning worship services.
- Band/instruments: Uses musical abilities to lead in worship. Audition required. Serve weekly on Wednesday evenings for rehearsals and both Sunday morning worship services.
- Sound: Runs the audio system during the morning worship services. Volunteers serve on a rotating schedule.
- Media/projection: Operates the computer system to control the lyrics and media during Sunday morning services. Volunteers serve on a rotating schedule.
- Communion team: Prepares the materials for communion, sets up and tears down, and serves communion during Sunday morning worship services. Serve every other month and seasonally.
You might have some hidden talent that we never knew we needed. Let us know – we’d love to discuss it with you!