I grew up as a preacher’s kid in Hendersonville North Carolina. My wife Marsha and I met at Gardner-Webb University and were married in 1993. We have two children Andrew (19), Abbey (14) and an Australian Shepherd named Indiana. I graduated from Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY and joined the staff of Fairfax Circle in 1994 as the church’s Youth Pastor; ten years later I became our Lead Pastor. My email address is email@example.com.
Here’s some other things about me:
- My favorite place to travel is anywhere in Europe, preferable the UK.
- My favorite drink is Starbucks Chai Tea Latte.
- Some of my favorite movies are Back to the Future, A Few Good Men, Young Guns and Ferris Buellar’s Day Off.
- I’d stand in line to see Paul McCartney in concert.
Children & Missions Pastor
As a child we moved around a lot for my Dad’s job, including living in Belgium for two years before we settled in Annandale. My parents lived there for 36 years before they moved to a retirement community in Gainesville, VA. I They lived there for 7 years before my dad passed away in 2014. Now, in 2018, my sister and mother and I are sharing the house with 2 cats and a dog. The adults are enjoying this living situation.......the animals are not so sure.
I actually left the area for ten years. I spent 2 years finishing up my under graduate degree in psychology. I spent 8 years in Fort Worth Texas working on a masters in religious education and working for a nonprofit. I moved back to Virginia in 2000.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other important facts about me:
- I admire Bob Goff. He has lived a very unconventional life, and makes a tremendous difference for God’s kingdom.
- My favorite places are anywhere in the Caribbean where I could snorkel or in NYC watching broadway shows.
- When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be an actress!
Student Ministry & Discipleship Pastor
Hey! I'm Lex Moore, and yes, Lex is my real, full name. Unfortunately, I'm not named after Lex Luthor from Superman; Lex is a family name. I grew up on the east coast, having lived in Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida. I went to college at Oklahoma Christian University and earned a B.A. in Preaching and Ministry and a Master of Theological Studies. It was during graduate school that I met my wife, Jessica, and we adopted our sweet puppy, Lily. My email address is email@example.com.
- I'm passionate about cheering for the Tennessee Titans and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- I enjoy a good discussion about superheroes and theology, sometimes at the same time.
- In my free time, I'm either at the movies or playing pick-up basketball. And if you want to see my competitive side, let's play some putt-putt or a board game.
- I love to laugh, be creative, and connect with others.
I have lived in Northern Virginia since I was 2 ½ years old. We started attending Fairfax Circle when it met in the school (now Daniels Run), and I joined the church and was baptized in 1974 at the age of 11. I had a strong sense at the time that I would eventually work here either in children's ministry or music! Funny how things work out! I started taking piano lessons in 3rd grade and started playing for church when I was in 7th grade. When I started playing for the choir, I discovered that while I disliked solo piano performances, I LOVED accompanying others! I even met my future husband, Mark, in the choir room when I was 15 and he was 16. I went to Frostburg State University and got my degree in Early Childhood Education. I taught first grade until 1998, when I opened my piano studio. I have four children! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other important facts about me:
- I'm a great organizer and have really good First Grade Teacher printing when I want to.
- It’s my dream to spend a year living in England and seeing some of Europe from there as a home base.
- My favorite books are the Harry Potter series.
Communications & Administration Director
I’m originally from Kansas. I don’t have a dog named Toto but I do have a Siamese cat. Besides Northern Virginia and Kansas, I've lived in Florida, North Carolina, Texas and Arizona. My daughter is in college and my son is in high school. I’m also an artist and show my work at a gallery near my home. My undergraduate degree is in Marketing and I have my MBA. My email address is email@example.com.
Here are some other things about me:
- On Saturday mornings you can usually find me taking a hike around Occoquan, which is my favorite place.
- When I’m not working, I love reading, painting, hanging out with my friends and family and being by the water.
- I listen to audiobooks all the time! I’m kind of a scifi geek but also like memoirs and basically anything with a happy ending.