I grew up as a preacher’s kid in Hendersonville North Carolina. My wife Marsha and I met at Gardner-Webb University and were married in 1993. We have two children Andrew, Abbey, and an Australian Shepherd named Indiana. I graduated from Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY and joined the staff of Fairfax Circle in 1994 as the church’s Youth Pastor; ten years later I became our Lead Pastor. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s some other things about me:
- My favorite place to travel is anywhere in Europe, preferable the UK.
- My favorite drink is Starbucks Chai Tea Latte.
- Some of my favorite movies are Back to the Future, A Few Good Men, Young Guns and Ferris Buellar’s Day Off.
- I’d stand in line to see Paul McCartney in concert.
Children & Missions Pastor
As a child we moved around a lot for my Dad’s job, including living in Belgium for two years before we settled in Annandale. My parents lived there for 36 years before they moved to a retirement community in Gainesville, VA. I They lived there for 7 years before my dad passed away in 2014. Now, in 2018, my sister and mother and I are sharing the house with 2 cats and a dog. The adults are enjoying this living situation.......the animals are not so sure.
I actually left the area for ten years. I spent 2 years finishing up my under graduate degree in psychology. I spent 8 years in Fort Worth Texas working on a masters in religious education and working for a nonprofit. I moved back to Virginia in 2000.
My email address is email@example.com.
Other important facts about me:
- I admire Bob Goff. He has lived a very unconventional life, and makes a tremendous difference for God’s kingdom.
- My favorite places are anywhere in the Caribbean where I could snorkel or in NYC watching broadway shows.
- When I was 10 years old, I wanted to be an actress!
Student Ministry & Discipleship Pastor
Hey! I'm Lex Moore, and yes, Lex is my real, full name. Unfortunately, I'm not named after Lex Luthor from Superman; Lex is a family name. I grew up on the east coast, having lived in Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida. I went to college at Oklahoma Christian University and earned a B.A. in Preaching and Ministry and a Master of Theological Studies. It was during graduate school that I met my wife, Jessica, and we adopted our sweet puppy, Lily. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I'm passionate about cheering for the Tennessee Titans and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- I enjoy a good discussion about superheroes and theology, sometimes at the same time.
- In my free time, I'm either at the movies or playing pick-up basketball. And if you want to see my competitive side, let's play some putt-putt or a board game.
- I love to laugh, be creative, and connect with others.
I have lived in Northern Virginia since I was 2 ½ years old. We started attending Fairfax Circle when it met in the school (now Daniels Run), and I joined the church and was baptized in 1974 at the age of 11. I had a strong sense at the time that I would eventually work here either in children's ministry or music! Funny how things work out! I started taking piano lessons in 3rd grade and started playing for church when I was in 7th grade. When I started playing for the choir, I discovered that while I disliked solo piano performances, I LOVED accompanying others! I even met my future husband, Mark, in the choir room when I was 15 and he was 16. I went to Frostburg State University and got my degree in Early Childhood Education. I taught first grade until 1998, when I opened my piano studio. I have four children! My email address is email@example.com.
Other important facts about me:
- I'm a great organizer and have really good First Grade Teacher printing when I want to.
- It’s my dream to spend a year living in England and seeing some of Europe from there as a home base.
- My favorite books are the Harry Potter series.
Communications & Administration Director
Hello! I'm Shaukeria. I am a native DC resident. I graduated from Otterbein University, in Westerville Ohio, with a BA in Studio Art. I love all things art and dogs! I've developed a love for photography at an early age. I currently do freelance photography along with showing my work at local small galleries in the Ohio area. I have a two year old Goldendoodle named Finley who I love to take adventures with! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some other fun things about me:
- I love spending time with family.
- My favorite food is mac & cheese and I love Ice-cream.
- If I could do anything in the world I would be a Wildlife Photographer for the National Geographics.