Each year, hundreds of individuals living on the streets, in cars, and in abandoned buildings in Fairfax County/City search for shelter from the winter weather. Beginning each year in late November, FACETS works with 31 faith communities in the area to offer safe places to sleep and nutritious meals to homeless men and women through their website is facetscares.org (Hypothermia Prevention and Response under "Programs"), for more information. This program is one of several operated across Fairfax and Falls Church in partnership with the Fairfax County government.
In operation since 2003, the program has evolved from solely offering a safe haven to also offering life-enhancing programs. Last year 305 guests were served in the Hypothermia Prevention and Response Program. Many of these guests participated in case management services, leading to 38 individuals moving off the streets and into housing.
Fairfax Circle serves in this program in February. We transition our building into a one-week shelter providing guests with a place to sleep, three meals a day plus snacks, metro fare cards and other services. This ministry requires a large number of volunteers.
- 31% of Fairfax County homeless are employed
- 51% are families mainly due to domestic violence
- 6% are military veterans
Ways to Help
- Pray. Pray that God will move you to participate, volunteer, donate, and open your heart to those in need
- Give. Donate money to the church, donate clothing items for the guests, donate supplies from the list below.
- Volunteer. Give your time through volunteer opportunities. Use the blue button above to sign up.
- Help Lead. We are looking for more people to help lead the ministry. If you are interested please email us.
- Candy (leftovers from this recent Halloween or Christmas are fine)
Hygiene Items - ALL are needed but especially:
- Small bottles of Gold Bond powder
- Soft bristle toothbrushes
- White crew socks (unused)
- White t-shirts - variety of sizes
- Dress clothes for interviews (for men and women)
- underwear (unused)